Resurrection Remix for Asus Nexus 7 (2013) is currently available bringing Android 7.1.1 Nougat. So you will be guided to flash Resurrection Remix ROM on Nexus 7 (2013) device and then taste every single feature provided for you guys.
Resurrection Remix comes with all the best features from the developers packed with the original features from Nougat. Also this ROM is considered fast, stable and smooth. Once it’s installed and tried for a few days, it deserves to be daily drivers.
The custom ROM comes with some aftermarket goodies that you can play with and ability to modify your device to meet your heart desire. So are you interested to give this ROM a try? Then do not be a stranger to continue reading this post guys. To flash the Resurrection Remix ROM on your Nexus then you need to have either CWM or TWRP recovery installed and on this post I use TWRP recovery image.
- Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM is based on AOSP therefore installing it requires you to firstly unlock your device’s bootloader.
- Only apply the instructions on this post on Nexus 7 (2013), do not try it on any other Nexus model, oke?
- You need either CWM or TWRP recovery installed on your Nexus 7 (2013) to flash the ROM zip file and Google apps zip file. (How to install TWRP on any Android device).
- Resurrection Remix doesn’t come with Google apps, therefore you will need to install them separately, after flashing the ROM zip file.
- You need to also enable USB debugging mode of your Nexus 7 (2013) if you haven’t done so.
- Prepare your computer and a USB cable.
- Make necessary backups before proceeding because who knows something bad could happen.
- Follow all the steps written on this post without skipping any steps.
- Good luck guys.
Download the following files to your computer and do not extract them.
How to update Google Nexus 7 (2013) to Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Resurrection Remix ROM
Perform the guides on this post with all the risks are yours to bear.
- Now connect your Google Nexus 7 (2013) to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Resurrection Remix ROM and Google Apps) you downloaded earlier to CP to your Nexus’s SD card.
- Now power off your Nexus 7 (2013) then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Resurrection Remix ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.
You did it guys because you have successfully updated your Google Nexus 7 (2013) to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using the Resurrection Remix ROM. You can verify it by going to Settings -> About phone. Find out yourself what is the custom ROM is currently running on your Android based device.