To install TWRP 3.1.1 Material Dark on Lenovo A7000 then you need to follow the guides written on this post. TWRP is a non-stock recovery designed to offer more to Android users, something that is impossible to be offered by the stock recovery.
With TWRP you can flash a custom ROM that is offering latest Android version, also a root package and many other things.
And lucky you since your Lenovo A7000 is listed on the supported device to run TWRP Material version 3.1.1 and this is a latest version.
The benefits of TWRP recovery installed.
- Can root your device.
- Can flash non-stock ROM.
- Can perform nandroid backup.
The disadvantage of using TWRP recovery.
- Can nullify your device’s warranty.
- If there is no warranty then you will be charged for some money for any technical services by your manufacturer.
- Possibility of technical errors.
- Be sure you already have ADB and Fasboot installed. Haven’t done it? Then head to install ADB & Fastboot on your computer (Windows) page.
- Another thing you need to do now is to enable USB debugging mode of Lenovo A7000 device.
- Be sure that you already unlocked the bootloader of your Lenovo A7000 device.
- Charge your device’s battery power.
- Do every instruction on the tutorial steps and do not skip any steps.
Download the TWRP recovery Material for Lenovo A7000
Register to the website first, then download the TWRP file afterward back to this page, to follow the full instructions.
How to install TWRP recovery on Lenovo A7000
Now you can continue to the instructions. And do it at your own risks..
- On this phase, I believe you have already installed adb and fasboot to your computer.
- Then place the twrp-image.img file you downloaded earlier to the folder named Adb & Fasboot folder on your computer.
- You can now open the command prompt within the ADB & Fasboot folder, by pressing Shift + Right click anywhere inside the folder, then choose Open Command Window here.
- Now connect your device to computer then execute this command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Then select OK to Allow USB debugging.
- Now you are in the bootloader mode, then you can execute the command below to flash the TWRP.img file.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once the TWRP is completely flashed to your device then reboot your device utilizing the command below.
Congratulations guys all!