Now you can root HTC U Ultra of yours by installing the SuperSU owned by ChainFire on your device. Once your device is rooted then you have a key to open the storage of all Android apps that require root access. The rooting process itself is quite simple but the first requirements you need to fulfill are having an bootloader unlocked HTC U Ultra and already installed the TWRP recovery.
So make sure your device bootloader is unlocked already and you have flashed the latest TWRP recovery image namely 3.1.1 and if you have done those must do things, you are welcomed to continue reading the instructions.
Remember that doing this kind of things — such as flashing custom recovery, rooting, etc — are not recommended instead discouraged by the HTC therefore perform to the rooting guides below at your own risks.
- HTC’s bootloader is already unlocked.
- Install TWRP 3.1.1 recovery on HTC U Ultra first before starting.
- Be sure your device is fully charged or at least in sufficient power to perform the process.
How to root HTC U Ultra using SuperSU and TWRP recovery
So you want to root your device? Just root it! Follow the guides now guys!
Make sure you follow the entire steps and not skip any steps.
- Then place the SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115.zip to your device’s internal storage.
- Now boot into the TWRP recovery mode. Do so by powering off your device, then press Power + Volume UP together till your device boots to the TWRP recovery mode.
- On the TWRP interface select backup all data first.
- Then tap on Install, to further select the SuperSU.zip file.
- Now swipe to install SuperSU.zip.
Well done my friend because you have successfully rooted your HTC U Ultra by flashing the SuperSU.zip.