You are invited to flash the LineageOS 14.1 ROM Nougat on OnePlus 2 as the custom ROM is currently available for your device. LineageOS is a great ROM and it’s substitute of the famous CyanogenMOD custom ROM.
For you that thinking this is the right time to try a modified version of Nougat then LineageOS 14.1 ROM is the answer. People have tried and reveal their satisfactions on how great the ROM is running on their device.
So for any curious person who want it then I invite you to come and see the running and well I hope you will like it. Android Nougat is a great version and with the additional optimizations of the LineageOS will make it more smart.
- The guides here only for the OnePlus 2.
- You need to firstly unlock your bootloader on OnePlus 2.
- Be sure to make backups first.
- Be sure that your device is powered with CWM or TWRP, this post uses TWRP recovery; the how to install TWRP on OnePlus 2 guides.
- Be sure that you firstly enable USB debugging mode on your OnePlus 2 phone.
- Follow all the guides written on this post and do not skip any steps.
- Gapps doesn’t include on this custom ROM, therefore you will need to install the Gapps separately.
- A computer and a USB cable must be prepared.
- You need to make sure that your device’s battery power is sufficient.
- Hope you all the best guys now.
Now download the following files to your computer.
How to update OnePlus 2 to Android 7.1 Nougat with LineageOS 14.1 ROM
Perform the guides and all the possible risks are your to take my friends.
- Now connect your OnePlus 2 to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Lineage Android 7.1 Nougat and Google Apps zip files) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your OnePlus 2 then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 7.1 Lineage OS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.