We can now install LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi) GT-N5110 because the custom ROM is already updated to support the said smartphone. On this post you are invited to follow the full instructions on the flashing LineageOS 14.1 ROM and follow them.
The LineageOS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1 Nougat in hand, therefore installing this firmware will give you all the Nougat features along with the LineageOS 14.1 ROM features.
Well if you are ready then please to proceed to the full instructions.
- The guides here only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 (Wi-Fi).
- You need to firstly unlock your bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110.
- Be sure to make backups first.
- Be sure that your device is powered with CWM or TWRP, this post uses TWRP recovery; the how to install TWRP on any Android device guides.
- Be sure that you firstly enable USB debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 phone.
- Follow all the guides written on this post and do not skip any steps.
- Gapps doesn’t include on this custom ROM, therefore you will need to install the Gapps separately.
- A computer and a USB cable must be prepared.
- You need to make sure that your device’s battery power is sufficient.
- Hope you all the best guys now.
Now download the following files to your computer.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi) GT-N5110 to Android 7.1 Nougat with LineageOS 14.1 ROM
Perform the guides and all the possible risks are your to take my friends.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Lineage Android 7.1 Nougat and Google Apps zip files) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 7.1 Lineage OS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.