Do you want to have one of the best Android Nougat custom ROM running on your LG V20? Then you are at the right place guys. Here I offer you to install LineageOS 14.1 ROM that comes with Nougat 7.1 software for you.
In case you don’t know about LineageOS is the next generation of CyanogenMOD (CM) which is now coming with a new name for all of us.
If you are interested to flash the LineageOS 14.1 Nougat custom ROM on LG V20 then do it.
- The guides here only for the LG V20 (TMO).
- You need to firstly unlock your bootloader on LG V20 (TMO).
- Be sure to make backups first.
- Be sure that your device is powered with CWM or TWRP, this post uses TWRP recovery; the how to install TWRP on LG V20 (TMO) guides.
- Be sure that you firstly enable USB debugging mode on your LG V20 (TMO) phone.
- Follow all the guides written on this post and do not skip any steps.
- Gapps doesn’t include on this custom ROM, therefore you will need to install the Gapps separately.
- A computer and a USB cable must be prepared.
- You need to make sure that your device’s battery power is sufficient.
- Hope you all the best guys now.
Now download the following files to your computer.
How to update LG V20 (TMO) to Android 7.1 Nougat with LineageOS 14.1 ROM
Perform the guides and all the possible risks are your to take my friends.
- Now connect your LG V20 (TMO) to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Lineage Android 7.1 Nougat and Google Apps zip files) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your LG V20 (TMO) then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 7.1 Lineage OS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.