Install official TWRP on LG G6 (International). People behind the Team Win do their best to deliver the products that will serve our needs the best possible. Currently the name has announced their reputable TWRP is officially supporting LG G6.
Keep in mind that this official TWRP only supports International LG G6 with model number H870. So be sure it’s your device’s model.
And of course flashing the TWRP recovery — or any other non stock recoveries — requires you to firstly unlock the bootloader of your device. Therefore make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
If you are interested then you are welcomed to proceed to the full instructions on installing the official TWRP recovery on your International LG G6.
But be sure you firstly read the following information first.
The benefits of TWRP recovery installed.
- Can root your device.
- Can flash non-stock ROM.
- Can perform nandroid backup.
The disadvantage of using TWRP recovery.
- Can nullify your device’s warranty.
- If there is no warranty then you will be charged for some money for any technical services by your manufacturer.
- Possibility of technical errors.
- Be sure you already have ADB and Fasboot installed. Haven’t done it? Then head to install ADB & Fastboot on your computer (Windows) page.
- Another thing you need to do now is to enable USB debugging mode of International LG G6 device.
- Be sure that you already unlocked the bootloader of your LG G6 device.
- Charge your device’s battery power.
- Do every instruction on the tutorial steps and do not skip any steps.
- Requires root. You need to download the official TWRP app, from Play Store here is the link. Choose the device from list (h870) then select a version. The file will then be downloaded to Downloads folder. Browse to choose the file. Tap on Flash to Recovery. Done.
Download the official TWRP recovery for LG G6 (h870)
How to install TWRP recovery on LG G6
Now you can continue to the instructions. And do it at your own risks.
- On this phase, I believe you have already installed adb and fasboot to your computer.
- Then place the twrp-image.img file you downloaded earlier to the folder named Adb & Fasboot folder on your computer.
- You can now open the command prompt within the ADB & Fasboot folder, by pressing Shift + Right click anywhere inside the folder, then choose Open Command Window here.
- Now connect your device to computer then execute this command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Then select OK to Allow USB debugging.
- Now you are in the bootloader mode, then you can execute the command below to flash the TWRP.img file.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once the TWRP is completely flashed to your device then reboot your device utilizing the command below.
How to root LG G6 using TWRP
So you want to root your device? Just root it! Follow the guides now guys!
- Then place the Supersu.zip to your device’s internal storage.
- Now boot into the TWRP recovery mode. Do so by powering off your device, then press Power + Volume UP together till your device boots to the TWRP recovery mode.
- On the TWRP interface select backup all data first.
- Then tap on Install, to further select the SuperSU.zip file.
- Now swipe to install SuperSU.zip.
- Install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM On LG G6 H870.
- Root & Install TWRP On LG L90.
- Download HTC Sync Manager For Windows And Mac.
- Root & Install TWRP On LG Aristo.
- Root & Install TWRP On LG K10.
Congratulations guys all!