What a great news for both Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 users as you will be served with Android 8.0 Oreo based custom ROM. The phones get what people expect to be powering their device which is Android 8.0 Oreo that was recently made available for Pixel and Nexus flagships by Google. Since then, developers around the world do their best to use the Oreo source code to make the custom ROM based on AOSP 8.0 Oreo.
This modified ROM will give your Mi 3 and Mi 4 Android Oreo experiences that you can then measure whether the official Oreo will look like, only if Xiaomi release it for you. The Android Oreo AOSP 8.0 custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi 4 and Mi 3 is created, developed and distributed by vasishat, an XDA senior member.
I personally haven’t tested the ROM, but from the reviews I read the ROM is stable and the testers even come up to the level of making the ROM to be their daily driver. Since it is not a stock ROM, thus installing it takes TWRP recovery installed and a rooted device. So if you are interested to try, then fulfill the requirements.
However I must tell you that not everything is perfect, they say some features from Oreo still missing, but the developer has done great to make the ROM usable. A minor bugs are already reported, they will be fixed in the next update.
Download and install AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi 3 and Mi 4 from this post if you are interested and give the ROM a try for a few days if you like it then keep using it, if not just restore to the stock ROM, simple isn’t it?
- AOSP Oreo custom ROM doesn’t come with Gapps, therefore you need to download and install the Google apps separately.
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo ROM should be installed on Mi 3 and Mi 4 only.
- You are recommended to make backups first and do not proceed without it.
- You need to firstly root your device.
- You need to firstly installed TWRP recovery.
- Battery power should be enough or you need to charge it first if it’s less power.
- Follow the entire steps without skipping any of them if you want to succeed.
- Good luck guys.
Download AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4.
- Download Android Oreo Gapps For Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4.
- Download Magisk for Mi3/Mi4.
How to install Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4
- Now connect your device to computer using a USB cable and then transfer the zip file (Android 8.0 Oreo you downloaded earlier to PC).
- Now power off your device then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 8.0 Oreo zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot button.
If you have any questions related to the how to install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 just reveal them on the provided comment area guys!