How to download and install unofficial AOSP 8.0 ROM on Redmi Note 3 is discussed here. If you own the device and want to taste how the Android Oreo runs then you can follow the instructions to flash the Android 8.0 ROM on Note 3.
As we know that Google had released the source code of the Android Oreo to public, by that Android developers worldwide take their chances to bring their best to build custom ROM. So if you are the owner of Redmi Note 3 and you can install Android 8.0 Oreo based custom ROM namely AOSP then you are welcomed.
The developer who released AOSP 8.0 Oreo namely jhenrique09 and the custom ROM is stable enough to be used as daily driver. Inside the ROM you will find the Pixel Launcher and also has Gapps preinstalled so you won’t install it separately. And other good features are here too VoLTE, Hostpot, and also USB tether. Firstly you need to root your device with TWRP installed.
What features work.
- USB tether
- Remember to only install AOSP 8 Oreo ROM on Redmi Note 3 (Kenzo/Kate). Therefore if your device is not that model then back away.
- Remember that the ROM is still containing bugs.
- Be sure to follow all the steps without skipping any steps or else you might end up bricking your device.
- All data of your device will be erased therefore make necessary backups first.
- Make sure your device’s battery power is enough if not then charge it first.
Download AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Redmi Note 3
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP ROM for Redmi Note 3.
- Download Android 8.0 Gapps For Redmi Note 3.
- Download SuperSu for Redmi Note 3.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3
1) Now, download and install a custom recovery. Skip this step if you already have done it.
2) Now download Android 8.0 Oreo and Gapps (Not really necessary) from the download section.
3) You need now to boot your device into the Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons.
4) On the TWRP recovery mode you need to firstly create a Nandroid Backup (It’s advised to do it) of your device.
5) After that perform the Factory Reset by going to Wipe => Advance Wipe => Select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and data then Swipe To Confirm It (This action will wipe your internal memory to save SuperSU and Gapps to SD Card).
6) After that tap on Install then locate the ROM zip file and swipe to Install the ROM file. After the flashing processes have done, flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now you need to install the SuperSu/Magisk zip (Optional).
8) You need now to wipe cache & Dalvik cache one more time and then reboot your smart device.
9) Well done friends.
That is the whole instructions to download and install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3 and if you have any questions then use the comment area to reveal your questions. Tell your friends about this posts guys. I hope you find this post useful. And good day.