Asus Zenfone 3 receiving an August 2017 Security Patch update and now the update is rolling out via OTA. And the update version is WW-14.2020,1708.56 and you are welcomed to flash the firmware by following the full instructions from this post.
And the Asus Zenfone 3 variant that receive the firmware is ZE552KL and if you have the superb phone then you may check your device’s system update to find out whether it’s available already. Or if not, you can download it via direct download link from this post.
The WW-14.2020.1708.56 brings Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and with a list of improvements and features as well. You can directly go to the download link from this post, or you can also follow the step by step to install the WW-14.2020.1708.56 firmware too.
- Remember that WW-14.2020.1708.56 firmware should only be flashed on Asus ZenFone 3 (ZE552KL) versio 14.2020.1708.56 For WW SKU and do not try it on any other models.
Follow all the steps without skipping any of them.
- Albeit the firmware will not wipe out your existing data, however it’s also wise to firstly make backups.
- Be sure your device batter power is enough to perform the guides here.
- Be sure your device’s storage is 2GB at minimum.
Download Asus Zenfone 3 Nougat firmware from the download link below
Steps to install Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on Asus ZenFone 3
- Download the file and then rename the file into update.zip.
- Power off your device now then boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding these two buttons; Power + Volume Up.
- Inside the recovery mode select apply update via SDCard.
- Choose update.zip file.
- Wait the flashing process to finish then reboot your device.
- Check manually for OTA by going to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check For Update.
- Enable your device’s USB Debugging Mode via Developer Options.
- Download ADB and Fastboot driver or ADB and Fastboot for Mac then install it.
- Download Android Nougat OTA zip file for ZenFone 3 then copy and place the ROM to ADB folder.
- Power off your device then boot into recovery mode by pressing Power + Volume Up.
- Select Apply Update via ADB.
- Connect your device to PC.
- On ADB and Fastboot folder, press and hold shift + right click then click open command here.
- Check the connection using the below command.
- If your device is on the list then prepare to flash the ROM now.
- Install Nougat ROM to your device using the below command now.
adb sideload File_name.zip
- Now just wait for the flashing process to complete and then reboot your device afterward.
Congratulation because you have successfully flashed the official firmware on your device guys.