How to install TWRP recovery on Huawei P9 Plus B384 will be discussed here if you own that superb phone and want to replace your stock recovery to the more feature-rich custom recovery, like TWRP can now read the full instructions from this post.
You can prepare everything to install TWRP recovery on Huawei P9 Plus B384 device and of course you will find many benefits once the TWRP recovery is fully installed on your device.
Remember that flashing a custom ROM like this will nullify your device’s warranty and it’s not approved by your manufacturer. There is a chance your device experience bootloop or soft-bricked. So every possible risks which may happen during or after following the flashing instructions are yours to bear.
The benefits of TWRP recovery installed.
- Can root your device.
- Can flash non-stock ROM.
- Can perform nandroid backup.
The disadvantage of using TWRP recovery.
- Can nullify your device’s warranty.
- If there is no warranty then you will be charged for some money for any technical services by your manufacturer.
- Possibility of technical errors.
- To perform the instructions make sure your computer already have ADB and Fastboot instaleld. Find the instruction on this install ADB & Fastboot on your computer (Windows) page.
- You need to also enable USB debugging mode of Android OS.
- Your device must already in unlocked bootloader condition. Learn to unlock Huawei bootloader.
- If your battery power is low then charge it before performing the instructions.
- Follow the guides without skipping any steps.
Download the official TWRP recovery for Huawei P9 Plus B384
How to install TWRP recovery on Huawei P9 Plus B384
Now you can continue to the instructions. And do it at your own risks.
- On this phase, I believe you have already installed adb and fasboot to your computer.
- Then place the twrp.img (Whatever the TWRP img name is) file you downloaded earlier to the folder named Adb & Fasboot folder on your computer.
- You can now open the command prompt within the ADB & Fasboot folder, by pressing Shift + Right click anywhere inside the folder, then choose Open Command Window here.
- Now connect your device to computer then execute this command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Then select OK to Allow USB debugging.
- Now you are in the bootloader mode, then you can execute the command below to flash the TWRP.img file.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Change the twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery.img, or simply use the twrp.img name like the above example.
- Once the TWRP is completely flashed to your device then reboot your device utilizing the command below.
How to root Huawei P9 Plus B384 using TWRP
In case you want to root it now just head on to the following instructions.
- Then place the Supersu.zip to your device’s internal storage.
- Now boot into the TWRP recovery mode. Do so by powering off your device, then press Power + Volume UP together till your device boots to the TWRP recovery mode.
- On the TWRP interface select backup all data first.
- Then tap on Install, to further select the SuperSU.zip file.
- Now swipe to install SuperSU.zip.