Now you will be guided on how to root Sony Xperia T using TowelRoot. If you ever heard that rooting tool, that means you have already known the process will not involving your computer. Yes root with Towelroot doesn’t require a computer or laptop guys.
Once your Sony Xperia T is rooted then you can use all the apps that need root access to run. And all those apps are great ones to improve your Android device performances and can also allow you to install custom ROM that are provided with additional features you won’t meet on stock ROM.
If you are interested to follow the how to root Sony Xperia T without PC using TowelRoot then you are welcomed to proceed but firstly read the preconditions section before starting.
- Keep in mind you need to enable Unknown Sources from your Android phone in order to install the apk file of the Towelroot (tr.apk).
Settings -> Security -> Check Unknown Sources to enable it.
- Then make a necessary backup, just in case if the process corrupt your data — albeit it’s a very slim chance.
- Have enough battery power before performing the rooting method from this post.
- Towelroot will not void your phone’s warranty, as it won’t trip your phone’s KNOX counter.
- The rooting process is a few taps only process and very simple.
- Once your device’s rooted, then you no longer be able to perform OTA update anymore, to update your device you will need to download it from your phone’s manufacturer’s websites, and manually flash the software update using a tool, such as Odin if your phone is Samsung Galaxy flagship.
How to root Sony Xperia T using Towelroot
- Now you need to download Towelroot apk.
- Once you have downloaded then find it on your SD Card, the file is in tr.apk, so tap it to install the file to your device.
- Open TowelRoot once it’s fully installed.
- See the white button with Make It Rain sentence, then tap that button to start the root process.
- You will see a message appear on your screen saying Thank you for using Towelroot…Well the sentence indicating that your device’s fully rooted guys.
- Well done my friend your device is now rooted!
Install SuperSU app from Google Play Store.
Now your device is rooted, there is one thing you need to do now is protecting your root access from being used by apps without your notice. You need to install SuperSU app via Google Play Store. Download and install the app.
Now you will be firstly asked by SuperSU whether to grant or to reject permission from every app that request root permission on your device guys.