Download and install Android 8.0 LineageOS 15 ROM on Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus if you want your device is powered with the Google’s latest operating system then you are the right place.
On this post you will be guided to flash the Android 8.0 Oreo based custom ROM namely LineageOS 15 on your Xiaomi Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus device. If you are interested then you are welcomed to keep reading this post.
LineageOS 15 ROM is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and installing it on your device requires TWRP recovery and root access. And installing this ROM will nullify your device’s warranty and proceed at your own risk.
- The guides here only for the Mi 5s and Mi 5s.
- You need to firstly unlock your bootloader on Mi 5s and Mi 5s.
- Be sure to make backups first.
- Be sure that your device is powered with CWM or TWRP, this post uses TWRP recovery; the how to install TWRP Mi 5s and Mi 5s guides.
- Be sure that you firstly enable USB debugging mode on your Mi 5s and Mi 5s phone.
- Follow all the guides written on this post and do not skip any steps.
- Gapps doesn’t include on this custom ROM, therefore you will need to install the Gapps separately.
- A computer and a USB cable must be prepared.
- You need to make sure that your device’s battery power is sufficient.
- Hope you all the best guys now.
Now download the following files to your computer.
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Mi 5s Capricorn – Download | Development Page.
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Mi 5s Plus Natrium – Download | Development Page.
How to update Mi 5s and Mi 5s Pro to Android 8.0 Oreo with LineageOS 15 ROM
Perform the guides and all the possible risks are your to take my friends.
- Now connect your device to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Lineage Android 8.0 Oreo and Google Apps zip files) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your device then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage OS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.