Download and install LineageOS 15 on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge by following the instructions on this post. If you want to flash the LineageOS 15 ROM on Galaxy S7 Edge or S7 then you are at the right place.
Both Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are superb smartphones because the smartphones are equipped with great specifications both in software and hardware. Imagine if the smartphone is powered with Android Oreo LineageOS 15 custom ROM. That would be more awesome. Therefore I invite you to download and install LineageOS 15 ROM on this post.
LineageOS 15 custom ROM is based on Android 8.0 Oreo as the latest Android version right now. But for you to know that the LineageOS 15 I am informing now is not an unofficial ROM. You need to have a custom recovery installed on your device and also doing so will nullify your device’s warranty. So all the risks are yours to bear guys.
- The guides here only for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7.
- You need to firstly unlock your bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7.
- Be sure to make backups first.
- Be sure that your device is powered with CWM or TWRP, this post uses TWRP recovery; the how to install TWRP Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 guides.
- Be sure that you firstly enable USB debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 phone.
- Follow all the guides written on this post and do not skip any steps.
- Gapps doesn’t include on this custom ROM, therefore you will need to install the Gapps separately.
- A computer and a USB cable must be prepared.
- You need to make sure that your device’s battery power is sufficient.
- Hope you all the best guys now.
Now download the following files to your computer.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 to Android 8.0 Oreo with LineageOS 15 ROM
Perform the guides and all the possible risks are your to take my friends.
- Now connect your device to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Lineage Android 8.0 Oreo and Google Apps zip files) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your device then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage OS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.