Download and install LineageOS 15 ROM on Asus ZenFone Max device if you are having the smartphone. You are pleased to follow the full instructions to flash LineageOS 15 ROM Oreo on your ZenFone Max phone.
Asus ZenFone Max is one of the lucky Android device to be supported by the latest LineageOS 15 custom. Lineage OS 15 ROM is stable, fast and smooth to be powering your ZenFone Max device.
LineageOS 15 custom ROM is based on Android 8.0 Oreo firmware that will make your device perform better and smarter. So if you just found out that your device is not officially supported to have Oreo then you can use this ROM.
- The guides here only for the Asus ZenFone Max.
- You need to firstly unlock your bootloader on Asus ZenFone Max.
- Be sure to make backups first.
- Be sure that your device is powered with CWM or TWRP, this post uses TWRP recovery; the how to install TWRP on Asus ZenFone Max guides.
- Be sure that you firstly enable USB debugging mode on your Asus ZenFone Max phone.
- Follow all the guides written on this post and do not skip any steps.
- Gapps doesn’t include on this custom ROM, therefore you will need to install the Gapps separately.
- A computer and a USB cable must be prepared.
- You need to make sure that your device’s battery power is sufficient.
- Hope you all the best guys now.
Now download the following files to your computer.
How to update Asus ZenFone Max to Android 8.0 Oreo with LineageOS 15 ROM
Perform the guides and all the possible risks are your to take my friends.
- Now connect your device to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Lineage Android 8.0 Oreo and Google Apps zip files) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your device then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage OS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.