Download and install LineageOS 15 Oreo on Moto G 1st Gen (2013) from this post. If you wish to install LineageOS 15 ROM on your Moto G 1st generation then come to this post as you will be guided to undergo all the needed steps to bring the non-stock Android Oreo to your beloved Moto G 1st Gen device guys.
Moto G 1st Gen comes with considerable specifications to make your daily live easier in regard on connecting to people and the world. Thus if the same phone is powered with the powerful LineageOS 15 ROM will make it more powerful and increase your experience using it. However this kind of ROM will probably effect your device performance.
LineageOS 15 custom ROM is based on Android 8.0 Oreo software from Google, therefore to flashing it you need to firstly unlock your device’s bootloader and one more thing this LineageOS 15 is not the official LineageOS ROM and personally I haven’t tested. You are invited to flash the LineageOS 15 Android Oreo ROM on your Moto G 1st Gen phone.
- The guides here only for the Moto G 1st Gen (2013).
- You need to firstly unlock your bootloader on Moto G 1st Gen (2013).
- Be sure to make backups first.
- Be sure that your device is powered with CWM or TWRP, this post uses TWRP recovery; the how to install TWRP Moto G 1st Gen (2013) guides.
- Be sure that you firstly enable USB debugging mode on your Moto G 1st Gen (2013) phone.
- Follow all the guides written on this post and do not skip any steps.
- Gapps doesn’t include on this custom ROM, therefore you will need to install the Gapps separately.
- A computer and a USB cable must be prepared.
- You need to make sure that your device’s battery power is sufficient.
- Hope you all the best guys now.
Now download the following files to your computer.
How to update Moto G 1st Gen (2013) to Android 8.0 Oreo with LineageOS 15 ROM
Perform the guides and all the possible risks are your to take my friends.
- Now connect your device to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Lineage Android 8.0 Oreo and Google Apps zip files) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your device then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage OS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.