Download and install LineAgeOS 15 on Moto X 2014 (Victara) the phone is getting the unofficial LineageOS 15 custom ROM that comes with Android 8.0 Oreo. If you wish to taste the Android 8.0 Oreo unofficially on your Moto X then you are welcomed to follow the full instructions from this post.
Moto X 2014 is a decent phone that initially came with Android 4.4.4 KitKat preinstalled, then the latest update the phone got is Android 6.0 Marshmallow and there is no confirmed report the phone will receive Nougat officially guys.
And the unofficial LineageOS 15 comes with Android 8.0 Oreo with the additional features added by the developers. If you are interested to find out more then please to keep reading this post.
- The guides here only for the Moto X 2014.
- You need to firstly unlock your bootloader on Moto X 2014.
- Be sure to make backups first.
- Be sure that your device is powered with CWM or TWRP, this post uses TWRP recovery; the how to install TWRP Moto X 2014 guides.
- Be sure that you firstly enable USB debugging mode on your Moto X 2014 phone.
- Follow all the guides written on this post and do not skip any steps.
- Gapps doesn’t include on this custom ROM, therefore you will need to install the Gapps separately.
- A computer and a USB cable must be prepared.
- You need to make sure that your device’s battery power is sufficient.
- Hope you all the best guys now.
Now download the following files to your computer.
How to update Moto X 2014 to Android 8.0 Oreo with LineageOS 15 ROM
Perform the guides and all the possible risks are your to take my friends.
- Now connect your device to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Lineage Android 8.0 Oreo and Google Apps zip files) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your device then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage OS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.