Download and install LineageOS 15 ROM on Moto G3 device can be found on this post guys. If you are searching the complete steps to flash LineageOS 15 ROM on Moto G3 smartphone then you are at the right place. LineageOS 15 is the latest series of LineageOS custom ROM that has a very good name and proven stable.
Moto G3 is a decent smartphone that is armed with great specifications on hardware and software. You are going to find it better if the same device is powered with Android 8.0 Oreo software.
LineageOS 15 ROM is based on Android 8.0 Oreo, and it’s unofficial Oreo and both Google and Motorola have nothing to do with it. Instead it is the result of the third party Android developers to deliver the latest Android version to us and enjoy the additional features the ROM gives to improve your productivity guys.
- The guides here only for the Moto G3.
- You need to firstly unlock your bootloader on Moto G3.
- Be sure to make backups first.
- Be sure that your device is powered with CWM or TWRP, this post uses TWRP recovery; the how to install TWRP Moto G3 guides.
- Be sure that you firstly enable USB debugging mode on your Moto G3 phone.
- Follow all the guides written on this post and do not skip any steps.
- Gapps doesn’t include on this custom ROM, therefore you will need to install the Gapps separately.
- A computer and a USB cable must be prepared.
- You need to make sure that your device’s battery power is sufficient.
- Hope you all the best guys now.
Now download the following files to your computer.
How to update Moto G3 to Android 8.0 Oreo with LineageOS 15 ROM
Perform the guides and all the possible risks are your to take my friends.
- Now connect your device to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Lineage Android 8.0 Oreo and Google Apps zip files) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your device then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage OS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.