Download and install LineageOS 15 ROM on Moto G4 Play phone so you can taste the latest Google Android version which is Android 8.0 Oreo. The post contains the full step by step guide to flash LineageOS 15 ROM on Moto G4 Play of yours guys.
Moto G4 Play is a smartphone that is armed with a list of modern features and technology that satisfy its users. So with the LineageOS 15 ROM installed on it will make it more better and deliver experiences the users wish. However installing this kind of custom ROM will nullify your device’s warranty. Thus all the risks are yours to bear. Mark that !
And as for the LineageOS 15 custom ROM I am sharing now is based on Android 8.0 Oreo, that’s the latest iteration of Android Mobile Operating System series. But this is not the official LineageOS instead created, developed and contributed by Android developers outside the LineageOS.Org.
- The guides here only for the Moto G4 Play.
- You need to firstly unlock your bootloader on Moto G4 Play.
- Be sure to make backups first.
- Be sure that your device is powered with CWM or TWRP, this post uses TWRP recovery; the how to install TWRP on Moto G4 Play guides.
- Be sure that you firstly enable USB debugging mode on your Moto G4 Play phone.
- Follow all the guides written on this post and do not skip any steps.
- Gapps doesn’t include on this custom ROM, therefore you will need to install the Gapps separately.
- A computer and a USB cable must be prepared.
- You need to make sure that your device’s battery power is sufficient.
- Hope you all the best guys now.
Now download the following files to your computer.
How to update Moto G4 Play to Android 8.0 Oreo with LineageOS 15 ROM
Perform the guides and all the possible risks are your to take my friends.
- Now connect your device to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Lineage Android 8.0 Oreo and Google Apps zip files) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your device then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage OS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.