Here is how to update LeEco Le Max 2 to Android 8.0 (Oreo) ROM. We are going to use unofficial LineageOS 15 ROM for delivering the modified Android Oreo on LeEco Le Max 2. If you are interested then you are welcomed to continue reading this post.
LineageOS 15 ROM is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and it’s developed, maintained and released by an XDA developer namely andr68rus. This is unofficial version of LineageOS 15 ROM and could be unstable. To flash it you need a custom ROM installed and a rooted device.
LeEco Le Max 2 is smart phone with so many smart features to make your productivity increased and gladly the smartphone can be installed with LineageOS 15 based Android 8.0 Oreo ROM. If you are interested then you can keep reading this post guys.
- Camera (and flashlight)
- BT Stuff
Important notes guys.
- The guides here only for the LeEco Le Max 2.
- You need to firstly unlock your bootloader on LeEco Le Max 2.
- Be sure to make backups first.
- Be sure that your device is powered with CWM or TWRP, this post uses TWRP recovery; the how to install TWRP on LeEco Le Max 2 guides.
- Be sure that you firstly enable USB debugging mode on your LeEco Le Max 2 phone.
- Follow all the guides written on this post and do not skip any steps.
- Gapps doesn’t include on this custom ROM, therefore you will need to install the Gapps separately.
- A computer and a USB cable must be prepared.
- You need to make sure that your device’s battery power is sufficient.
- Hope you all the best guys now.
Now download the following files to your computer.
- Download LineageOS 15 8.0 Oreo ROM for LeEco Le Max 2 (Development Page).
- Download Magisk 13.5 for LeEco Le Max 2.
How to install Android 8.0 Oreo on LeEco Le Max 2 with LineageOS 15 ROM
Perform the guides and all the possible risks are your to take my friends.
- Now connect your device to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Lineage 15 Android 8.0 Oreo and Google Apps zip files) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your device then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage OS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.