Hi you want to install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto E 2015? You can, because there is a custom ROM based on Google latest mobile OS namely LineageOS 15 that you can download and install on your device.
Installing LineageOS 15 ROM is safe and will not break your device. However since this is a custom ROM then your device’s warranty will nullify.
One more thing you need to firstly install a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP to flash the LineageOS 15 ROM zip file. So if you are interested then you can manually install LineageOS 15 Android Oreo (8.0) ROM on Moto E 2015 right now by simply following the full instructions from this post guys.
The LineageOS 15 ROM is presented to us by an XDA senior member namely ElDainosor. The ROM is considered stable enough by those who have tested it. Inside the ROM you will find nearly all Android Oreo features.
If you are interested then let’s flash the Android 8.0 Oreo LineageOS 15 ROM on Moto E 2015 device now.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data).
- Video Playback.
- VoLTE is currently unimplemented as it breaks RIL.
- Permissive SELinux.
- The guides here only for the Moto E 2015.
- You need to firstly unlock your bootloader on Moto E 2015.
- Be sure to make backups first.
- Be sure that your device is powered with CWM or TWRP, this post uses TWRP recovery; the how to install TWRP on Moto E 2015 guides.
- Be sure that you firstly enable USB debugging mode on your Moto E 2015 phone.
- Follow all the guides written on this post and do not skip any steps.
- Gapps doesn’t include on this custom ROM, therefore you will need to install the Gapps separately.
- A computer and a USB cable must be prepared.
- You need to make sure that your device’s battery power is sufficient.
- Hope you all the best guys now.
Now download the following files to your computer.
How to update Moto E 2015 to Android 8.0 Oreo with LineageOS 15 ROM
Perform the guides and all the possible risks are your to take my friends.
- Now connect your device to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Lineage Android 8.0 Oreo and Google Apps zip files) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your device then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage OS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.