Hi guys here is how to root Xiaomi Mi Mix and install TWRP on Mi Mix. Root and install TWRP are two very useful things for Android device. Installing TWRP on Mi Mix will give you number of benefits like rooting, flashing custom ROM to upgrade device to the latest Android versions. And as for root your Xiaomi Mi Mix device will give you chances to install and use root apps and tweaks.
Xiaomi Mi Mix is a great phone powered with Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 processor and has 4G or 6GB RAM with internal storage as big as 128 or 256 GB. This 6.4 inches device is enriched with IPS LCD capacities touchscreen.
Once you have installed TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Mix then you can root it by flashing the SuperSU zip file. Then you can also flash the zip files of reputable custom ROMs out there guys. So I suggest you to install TWRP and root Xiaomi Mi Mix of yours now.
The benefits of TWRP recovery installed.
- You can root your device by flashing the SuperSU.
- Can update your device with the latest Android version with custom ROM.
- You can make Nandroid backup.
The disadvantage of using TWRP recovery.
- Your device warranty will be nullified|.
- There is a possible negative effects such as bootloop or brick.
- Your device’s manufacturer doesn’t approve this kind of activities.
Interested? Let’s do it. Then!
- To perform the instructions make sure your computer already have ADB and Fastboot instaleld. Find the instruction on this install ADB & Fastboot on your computer (Windows) page.
- You need to also enable USB debugging mode of Android OS.
- Your device must already in unlocked bootloader condition. Learn to unlock Xiaomi Mi Mix bootloader.
- If your battery power is low then charge it before performing the instructions.
- Follow the guides without skipping any steps.
Download the official TWRP recovery for Xiaomi Mi Mix (Lithium)
How to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix
Now you can continue to the instructions. And do it at your own risks.
- On this phase, I believe you have already installed adb and fasboot to your computer.
- Then place the twrp.img (Whatever the TWRP img name is) file you downloaded earlier to the folder named Adb & Fasboot folder on your computer.
- You can now open the command prompt within the ADB & Fasboot folder, by pressing Shift + Right click anywhere inside the folder, then choose Open Command Window here.
- Now connect your device to computer then execute this command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Then select OK to Allow USB debugging.
- Now you are in the bootloader mode, then you can execute the command below to flash the TWRP.img file.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Change the twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery.img, or simply use the twrp.img name like the above example.
- Once the TWRP is completely flashed to your device then reboot your device utilizing the command below.
How to root Xiaomi Mi Mix using TWRP
In case you want to root it now just head on to the following instructions.
- Then place the Supersu.zip to your device’s internal storage.
- Now boot into the TWRP recovery mode. Do so by powering off your device, then press Power + Volume UP together till your device boots to the TWRP recovery mode.
- On the TWRP interface select backup all data first.
- Then tap on Install, to further select the SuperSU.zip file.
- Now swipe to install SuperSU.zip.